XenServer 6.5 verfügbar!
Citrix hat den neuen XenServer 6.5 jetzt offiziell freigegeben:
Added features (Full List and Details: Release Notes)
- 64-bit Control Domain Linux Kernel
- Xen Project Hypervisor v4.4
- In-memory Read Caching
- SCSI UNMAP for LVM based Storage
- Online LUN Expansion
- Improved Performance
- Greater vGPU Scalability
- Re-introduction and Improvements to Workload Balancing
Updated Licensing Model
- Standard Edition
- entry level commercial offering
- Enterprise Edition
- premium offering, optimized for both server, desktop and cloud workloads. In addition to the Standard edition, it offers access to in-memory read caching, Dynamic Workload Balancing, GPU Virtualization (vGPU) with NVIDIA GRID, VMware vSphere to XenServer Conversion utilities, Intel Secure Measured Boot (TXT) and Export Resource Data
- Desktop Edition
- only available to customers who have purchased XenApp or XenDesktop; it includes all XenServer features previously available to XenApp or XenDesktop customers
- Desktop+ Edition
- only available to customers who have purchased the Platinum edition of XenApp or XenDesktop; in addition to the features available in the Desktop edition, it also includes access to in-memory read caching.
Direct Upgrade is is supported beginning with XenServer 6.0. Customers prior XenServer 6.0 must update to 6.2 before Upgrading.